Prev: Re: OT - Jungle Trees Next: Re: OUDF design Qs

Re: OT - Jungle Trees

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:08:33 -0500
Subject: Re: OT - Jungle Trees

> In a message dated 11/1/01 11:56:10 AM Central Standard Time,
> johncrim@voicenet.com writes:
>

> > I'm still looking for some appropraite aquarium plants to chop up,
though!

> If you are in the U.S. check out the Wal-Mart super store nearest you
- lots
> of artificial aquarium plants - also go to a craft supply place that
sells
> plastic and silk flowers and greenery - there is a wealth of stuff
there. I
> am think of taking a bunch of various size drink parasols and turning
them
> into wierd trees, but I have not gotten around to it yet. You can do
some
> nice things with stretch toilet paper on a frame work and coating it
with
> liquid latex too. Makes nifty dragon wings, if you wish to take the
time. . .
> translucent and everything.

Most of the places that I've been don't have a great selection --
largely, they have these
things that look like long strands of kelp or something.  Chopped up
they wouldn't look
any good, and as-is they're just too big.  I'll have to check out
Wal-Mart, though.

My wife has made some neat plants out of sculpey, and I have to convince
her to make some
more giant mushrooms for me.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: OT - Jungle Trees Next: Re: OUDF design Qs