Prev: Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles Next: Re: OT - Jungle Trees

Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 12:34:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles

On Thursday, November 1, 2001, at 11:28 AM, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>> (2) Testors Metalizer paints. You spray these on with an airbrush and
>> then buff them out. You end up getting a really good effect for
scales
>> of about 1/50 to 1/150.
>
> Considering that these days, 1 figure or a couple bottles of paint or
> gaming book are huge outlays for my meager budget, buying an airbrush
> is prohibitive for the time being.

OK, after some thought, I think this might be an acceptable alternative:

Just get a bottle of the Testors or Humbrol special metal paints and
apply with a brush (instead of an airbrush). Buff it out normally, and
then use a flat sealer when you're done with the fig.

I've never actually tried this, but it should work.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles Next: Re: OT - Jungle Trees