Prev: Re: OT - Jungle Trees Next: Re: OT - Jungle Trees

Re: Metallic coloring

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:32:41 +0100
Subject: Re: Metallic coloring

> One of the problems I've always had when painting with metallic
colored
> paints, whether vehicle figs or fantasy RPG swords et al, is that the
> result, rather than looking like metal, looks like, well, metal paint.
>
> The other day on a home improvement show, I saw them using this stuff
called
> silver buff.	when rubbed onto the surface of the objects being
decorated,
> it made them look like metal.  I was wondering if anyone had tried it
for
> figures, and what the results were.

Not exactly the same, but Humbrol produces a "Metalcote" range of
metallic
enamels that can be polished . The darker colours (e.g.Steel) work quite
well. The lighter ones (Alumininum, for example) don't give quite such a
good effect, IMO. But maybe I haven't quite developed the right
technique.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: OT - Jungle Trees Next: Re: OT - Jungle Trees