Prev: Re: Did I miss something...? Oh, it's Halloween... Sometimesthis list is just odd. Fun, but odd. Next: Re: Pantropists/OU connection

Re: Pantropists/OU connection

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:04:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Pantropists/OU connection

> > > You've got around to designing the Pantropists, have you?  Posted
> > > anywhere?
>
> > Well, perhaps “designed” is putting it a bit strongly.  “Made notes
on”, and “scrawled
> > some modeling ideas about” would be more accurate.
>
> > When
> > the Pantropists produced a pair of 8 year old children with gills,
designed to live
and
> > thrive underwater, the outcry was tremendous.
>
> Now *that* is interesting. It would explain a very small minority of
the population of
the OU. A lot of whom on Earth live in undersea habitats, and there have
been rumours that
some of them are a little different from the rest.
> (I must publish "The Secret History of the OU", which I e-mailed to
Jon Tuffley awhile
ago...) Certainly the OU would be the obvious places for descendants to
settle, without
causing a fuss.

The big write up was going to note that the PE produced just enough
merpeople to form the
basis of a viable population, but no one is really sure what happened to
those children
after they were taken in protective custody....

(An underwater SGII/FMA game would be really interesting, wouldn't it?)

<Much snipping, but all saved for later thought....>

> The only remaining question is, is the OU covertly allied with the
Pantropists, are they
actually the Pantropists Secret Masters, or are they the Pantropists
unwitting Vassals?

I don't think that the PE are anywhere near organized enough to have
vassals.  Of course,
that may well just be a facade....

If nothing else, this could certainly make the PE more viable for gaming
purposes.  Very
Special Forces for the OU!

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com