Prev: Re:Taswegian Numbers Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND Dental Cement Success!

[SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND Dental Cement Success!

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:49:56 -0600
Subject: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND Dental Cement Success!

Hey, Me again on my "pet project".

Good news!  After experimenting with a few cheap, household fillers and
my
Alumilite resin, and failing miserably...

I went back and tried my dental cement (seeing as I still had 24 1/2 lbs
of
the stuff!).  After some experimentation I think I have hit upon a
method to
cast my pieces!  It is a bit more labor intensive than the resin, and it

still has a few small air bubbles but the final product looks pretty
good,
and it is a LOT (!!) cheaper than resin.  If anyone wants the details,
email
me and I can fill you in.  Anyway, I think that when I can get my hands
on a
vibrating table (or reasonable facsimile thereof) I think I can start
cranking out some pretty nice, cheap starship terrain.

Thanks for all the help,

Scott Clinton
The Grumbling Grognard

Prev: Re:Taswegian Numbers Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND Dental Cement Success!