Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Re: Painting irridium vehicles

Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:29:29 -0600
Subject: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers

***
The recovery vehicle has a selection of thin plastic skirting that it
wraps around the stricken vehicle, held on by a superglue and caulked to
be
airtight.  An auxillary lift fan supplies the air to raise the stricken
vehicle
through an umbilical, and tow cables take the strain of pulling it
along.
***

I alluded to this earlier, though superglue seems a mite on the weak
side.
A good deal of the weight of the carried item transfers to the skirt,
right? Where it joins to the damage vehicle?

Anyway, I thought folks were balking at the idea of how you control the
towed item. Not insurmountable, though.

Can we call time on this one, or are there further actual game points to
be
raised?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Re: Painting irridium vehicles