Prev: RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space Next: RE: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected

Web Page Update

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:43:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Web Page Update

For the first time since 1999. . .

First off, I revised every single ship design I've
got.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/Janes.html

Excepting the System Defense ships, which I havn't
gotten around to, everything should finally be right.
I ran it all through the Full Thrust Ship Creator
software, which makes up for my notoriously bad math.
(Small Engineer Brain--I'm used to rounding everything
up to the nearest 1.25 lb of C4).

Then I rewrote the Fleet Roster, inspired by Indy's
massive projects.  It's about 70-80% of the Big 4
force levels in most ship classes, but even smaller in
some capital ships.  That's at oob.html.

And one final note, I added my very own quote page.
All I've got up now is the .doc file.  Will translate
it to HTML and link it to my home page eventually, for
now it's at
http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/quotable.doc

Feel free to go over my math or critique my
ship-building technique.  It's changed a couple of
times now in response to actual playtesting.  Oh, and
yes, the "Hunter-Killer" modifications are Kra'Vak
hunting designs which don't get finished until 2190.
(First ones are overhauls of battle-damaged ships, not
new construction).

This is for those new to the list: do not, however,
attempt to convince me that Byzantines in Space is
unrealistic/incompatible with canon/annoying/evidence
of mental disease.  I just don't care, and I love to
argue.	So we both get dirty, but I have fun.

Speaking of updates, I've noticed a lot of sites have
been suffering from some serious link rot.  Hint,
hint.

John

Prev: RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space Next: RE: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected