Prev: [SGII] Bigger, badder VTOL Next: Re: [SGII] Bigger, badder VTOL

RE: Battle Music

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:26:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Battle Music

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:
> Bother! I thought that I set it up so it can be
> posted to without being
> registered. Sorry.

This is off the top of my head--I loaned out the car,
which means I loaned out all the CDs in it.  But no
one would steal mine--no hip hop.  I'll go through it
later.

Screwball suggestions:

Panzerlied.  Still used by German tankers--and
probably will be used by NSL tankers.

http://www.garone.net/tony/mp3.html has some music
based on the Epic of Gilgamesh.  The Bull of Heaven is
suitable battle music.

Anything with the "Grea' Heathen War Pipes"[1]. . . At
least it inspires me.

Soundtracks:  13th Warrior, Glory, Patton

Wagner: Overture to Tannhauser.  Der Fliegende
Hollander (practically any part of it).  Prelude

Berlioz:  Hungarian March from Damnation of Faust.
Witch's Sabbat from Symphonie Fantastique.

Mussorgsky: Great Gates of Kiev, from Pictures at an
Exhibition.  Maybe Night on Bald Mountain.

Tchai--what'shisfacewhatwrote1812.  Try Marche Slav.

Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Verdi: Dies Irae from his Massa da Requiem.  Actually,
if you want a really dark mood, just place the whole
damn Mass.

When I actually make it to a Con, I intend to run
Orthodox monks during my entire long supergame.  It's
called Psyops.

[1]Old Joke:  Novice piper asks grizzled old piper how
long it will take him master bagpipes.	The old piper
looks at him and says, "Laddie, there's nae mastering
the grae' heathen warpipes.  The most that can be
asked faer is sart of an uneasy truce."

John

Prev: [SGII] Bigger, badder VTOL Next: Re: [SGII] Bigger, badder VTOL