Prev: Re: [FT] Ballpoints In Space Next: RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space

Re:[FT] Ballpoints In Space

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:01:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:[FT] Ballpoints In Space

--- Derek Fulton <derekfulton@bigpond.com> wrote:

> > > Like Beth says.....use a pencil ;)
> >
> >Actually... pencils are banned anywhere within cooee of
> >the cleanroom where FedSat is being assembled. Graphite
> >dust is conductive, and until the gear is sealed in a
> >protective coating, would be Bad News.[snip]
>
> Well then, use a .........CRAYON :)
>
> I can just imagine all that deadly serious mission report
> paperwork NASA is famous for being completed in BRIGHT
> NEON COLOURS ;P

<grin> I was going to comment more on how recording science data
in pencil (and perhaps, for some reason, NASA's forms?) is a Bad
Thing(tm) as pencil can be erased and changed.	My sister (a
chemistry teacher) shows her students the lab scene from the
first Jurassic Park movie, where the head "researcher" in the
lab is erasing something from his clipboard, and tells her
students, "if I *ever* catch you using pencil for a lab, you
fail the lab."

But crayon... hmm, maybe.  Though you may be able to scrape it
off, like (ages ago) writing from parchment.  (Though there you
were removing the parchment under the ink, and thus the ink, I
believe....)
			  Aaron

Prev: Re: [FT] Ballpoints In Space Next: RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space