Prev: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship Next: Re: OUDF design Qs

Re: GEVs: Engineering and Recovery

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:57:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: GEVs: Engineering and Recovery

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > The term is "Polish".
>
> I'd say "Pay attention, John, we have a Polish
> lister here" but John > casts aspersions at pretty
much everyone except the > Scots (probably
> because he hasn't gotten to us in the queue) and the

Don't take 'em seriously enough to pick on.  They've
had less time as an independant country than Poland,
and don't have the excuse of having between 3 and 5
militaristic, expansionistic empires on their borders
(Russians, Germans, Austrians, Turks, Swedes, all of
whom invaded Poland since the Scots were conquered),
nor do they have the excuse that their geography
sucks--given a choice between the Highlands and a
large flat country with no natural boundries, I know
which I'd like to overrun.  And unlike Poland, they
were never a dominant world power.  Nor did they
single-handedly save Europe in the space of an
afternoon.

I actually respect the Poles, but realistically if I
have to make a snide remark about nations who try to
fight with utterly inadequate equipment, they just
jump to mind.  I could say "Finnish" or "Ethiopian"
but far fewer people are familiar with those examples.

Of course, the fact that they held out 50% longer than
the French does come to mind, but everyone's sick of
hearing me slag on the French.

John

Prev: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship Next: Re: OUDF design Qs