Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers

Re: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon... etc.

From: jmodule@y...
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:18:12 -0500
Subject: Re: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon... etc.

On 29 Oct 2001, at 21:25, "Brian Bilderback" wrote:

> How many people out there ever stray from the official
> "Tuffleyverse" and come up with their own political/military
> powers to scrap it out?  It was  this possibility that first drew me
> to the game (Having been introduced to sci fi wargaming via
> Battletech, I had grown weary of the "House/Clan/Merc strictures
> of that game.  I wanted to be able to have my friends and I come
> up with our own countries/powers to fight, since the DS rulebook
> really pushes the "generic" quality of the game).

I mostly lurk on this list, but here's my two cents...

I got into the Tuffleyverse through DS II and I've learned more about
what's canon by reading the discussions on this list than I ever did
reading the book.  I've found it harder to put together a canon force
(just using the info in DS) than to come up with a short background
on my own based on whatever miniatures I feel like using.

I find the generic feel of DS give me the opportunity to dabble in as
many different backgrounds as I want.  Last week I introduced my
two brothers to DS by using a background of my own and I hope to
get them even more interested in the near future by running an epic
battle in the BattleTech universe using DS.
Jakim

Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers