Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Jane's 2183 ooh ooh ooh!

Re:DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:27:20 -0500
Subject: Re:DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

I've gone a similar way as Laserlight, and for the same resaons, with
New Israel, Once I read the cannon history fluffs in the rulebooks I
knew I had to try to flesh out NI to my liking. They're the closest to
cannon that I've worked on. I have a couple other groups that could fit
into the cannon universe but are fully invented, if very small - single
planets (The Thousand Nations), or pirates/corporations ( Actuarial
Nightmares/L-7 Interstellar).

When I play FB-only FT, I favor the NSL and the ESU. NI is somewhat
modeled as a faster NSL.

I've tried my hand at from-scratch a couple times, but haven't yet been
satisfied with the results. I do intend someday to try a universe at
roughly twice the mass scale size of FT ( i.e. 150 mass cruisers), but
it will probably have to employ some of the size-cost scaling discussed
on the list a while back.

Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Jane's 2183 ooh ooh ooh!