Prev: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm Next: Re: [SGII] VTOL (Final Fantasy ship?)

Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 04:04:28 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

I seen once in a magazine somewhere, where this guy made his own
"landing craft"
from a spent "underarm deoderant" container.  He added the bowl part of
plastic spoon to the top on the front edge, off-set to one side.  The
"landing
ramp" was attached (i think) to the underside of the front.  The entire
opening
was on the bottom side.
I don't remember if the craft had landing gear, or was made to look like
it was
hovering.  Oh yes, the whole thing was painted green.

After seeing that picture, I have noticed that some Deoderant containers
do look
a bit like ships or landers.

Search your scraps, there just might be the makings of a varity of
landers
lurking about.

Donald Hosford