Prev: Re: Scale debate Next: Re: Hi from a newcomer !

Re: Scale debate

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:07:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Scale debate

 > Even though I used to have several hundred board games - "Counters?
> > Seriously?"
>
> Yep, apparently they still use terrain but make counters for the
> units with all the important information.  They can do an entire
> army for $2-$3 and no painting.  I understand it but couldn't bring
> myself to do it.

Dean Bedlington of Olympian Games
http://olympian-games.freeyellow.com/superior_elements.html does this,
primarily for DBA/DBM/Chipco although I'm sure he'd be happy to do
whatever
other base size you'd want.  I got some Syrian and Early Crusaders a
couple
of years ago, when I had a DBM opponent.  I told him who I wanted as
generals (eg Imad ed Din Zenghi, Joscelin of Edessa etc), he did all the
rest of the research and graphics.  It's not $2-3 per army, but they
look
good--not as good as full dress minis but they're easy to store, you
never

Prev: Re: Scale debate Next: Re: Hi from a newcomer !