Prev: 15mm, was Re: [SGII] VTOL Next: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....

[OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....

From: "Tomb" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:36:10 -0400
Subject: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....

Hi dudes, sorry for the OT....

But I'm trying to find another copy of a particular gear I own but don't
know the name of (never played any DP9 stuff, just bought their figs for
SG2). It's from the older line of Gears (20mm?).

The particular characteristic that sets it apart from the others is its
weapon. It has a weapon I've termed a "railgun" - basically it is a
rifle type weapon (Gear-scale...) with no visible magazine. The rifle,
instead of having a round barrel, is very squarish/rectangular. The
weapon is somewhere between 1.25 and 1.5" long, and is roughly uniform
width and height from barrel to stock-end. The has flat sides, top and
bottom (thus leading to its rectangular cross section and its
non-tapering look).

I've never seen this weapon on another gear - and I have about 15
others. I _think_ it is a Northern Gear, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sorry I don't have a picture that would be of any use (I have some at a
great distance, but not enough to make out detail).

So, anyone think they might know the name of this Gear? Or have an
on-line library of Gear Pics with names that I can use to identify it?
It is the one gear I'd really like to find more of. (Not that I won't be
buying others anyway! - I cleaned out our local supplier to get my
current 15 or so.)

Prev: 15mm, was Re: [SGII] VTOL Next: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....