Prev: Re: [SGII] VTOL Next: RE: Re: [SGII] VTOL

RE: Re: [SGII] VTOL

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:50:52 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: [SGII] VTOL

I like it.  The nice thing is that you could theoretically swap out just
about any popular modern attack helicoptor for the pache to fit your
needs.	Hokum, Havok, Mangusta, heck, might even work with a Hind.

Looks good.  Waiting to see it painted now.

All this talk about 15mm, I may have to bug the guys at Eureka to do
15mm versions of the PAs I pushed through in 25mm, just so I can play in
both scales with the same force.

Eli

> "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@hotmail.com>
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu Re: [SGII] VTOLDate: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:15:51
-0500

>I like it, looks real good I would not change a thing.
>
>My VTOL was pure, off the shelf.  Nice durable plasitic, already
"painted"
>in multiple colors, etc and only cost me $4.00 US of out of the bargin
bin
>at "Toys-R-Us".  It was a drop ship from the movie "Starship Troopers".
>
>As a matter of fact I saw two other types of VTOLs from some cartoon
>inspired toys that I almost picked up this Summer in the same bargin
bin.

>But you see... I game SGII with 25/28mm so I can do this.  :-P
>
>Scott Clinton
>The Grumbling Grognard
>

>>From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com>
>>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>>Subject: [SGII] VTOL
>>Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:41:42 -0700
>>
>>I've just sat down and started working on a prototype of a VTOL for
>>SGII. It's based off an Apache body (1/100), with the back half
>>inverted, the tail wings off an A-10 (1/100), 2 space marine jump
packs
>>and the apache winglettes. It'll mount a long barrel flat cannon
>>underneith in a turret (scratch built), and a couple of missle racks
>>(somewhere :). What's the feedback on how it looks? It's not glued
>>together yet so if you think of a better look let me know, I can just
>>rearange it. :)
>>
>>www.spikyfishthing.com/gzg/vtol.jpg
>>
>>Jaime

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Prev: Re: [SGII] VTOL Next: RE: Re: [SGII] VTOL