Prev: RE: The New Webring Next: Re: PA carried DFFGs?

RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Stations, planets and missile pac ks)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Stations, planets and missile pac ks)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Binhan Lin wrote:

> Actually, for the planet, chop the styrofoam ball in half and line the
> bottom with cardboard or manila folder.  Coat the top surfaces with
> spackling paste, smooth and sand if preferred (i.e. a gas planet
wouldn't
> have much vertical terrain) otherwise take advantage of the ridges to
paint
> up mountains or glaciers.

This is how I did my planets up - one 6" ball from the local craft store
cut in half & coated with plaster. I painted one up as 'Mars' and the
other as 'Earth', and they look pretty good.

See <http://warbard.iwarp.com/ftgallery.html> for a pic of each, plus my
Phalons.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

> Space stations can be almost any shape. Depending on your scale you
can use
> 1) a 20 oz soda bottle with some fins added for a B5 type station, 2)
> cluster of paper tubes with little platforms sticking out at various
levels,
> 3) A stack of CD's with spacers between the cd's and a round hub on
each
> side (to represent a multi-level residential station in the Jetson's
style)
> or 4) various plastic pieces such as a funnel, a bowl, some tubing to
create
> a Star Trek Space Dock.
>
> --Binhan

 My
> idea for the planet is one of those styrofoam balls that you can get
in
> craft shops and paint it up, but looking for other ideas.
>   The Space station, I am looking for inspiration for it honestly.
Once, I
> get a good idea what it should look like, I can start making it.
>   The missile packs, I am completely lost other than using counters,
but if
> anyone can found/created a miniature for them, I'd love to see them.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bren

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Prev: RE: The New Webring Next: Re: PA carried DFFGs?