Prev: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s) Next: DS: Design Rule Flaw

RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:45:43 -0500
Subject: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

***
The MT manual says something about an old kit(this one) ans some GZG
parts.
***

I remember trying to work this out as a mental exercise, but don't
recall
the specifics, nor have the book handy to try again. I'm fairly certain
the
'block' on the top is a MicroTac resin piece, which would make this
pretty
top heavy, though big enough to stand it. ;->=

If I'm remembering right, all the add-ons are on or around that top
piece,
except, perhaps, some docked ships.

***
No, the one that looks like a curvy version of
the Imperial TIE Interceptor.Central cross
section (like most Kra'Vak) with 4 sweeping
fangs or arms.
***

My bad; it's the same ship as I the one to which I referred, only a
larger
model. Also, the rockets, as far as I can tell, come in one piece. The
AMT/Ertl's come in four parts, two for the central section, and the two
'wings', each with two 'fangs or arms'. I think the models' wings are
also
thinner and more rounded, which is why I thought they looked like
incomplete intersteller tankers used as deep space raiders.

I tend to like my stations close to 360 degrees, but sounds like it
worked
perfect for what you were modelling. The 'bubble' on a**end of the
central
part doesn't say Kra'vak  to me, though. Did you run it upside down?
('THERE IS NO UPSIDE DOWN IN SPACE!!!')

Prev: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s) Next: DS: Design Rule Flaw