Prev: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs) Next: Re: Sinking GEV's

RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Stations, planets and missile pac ks)

From: Binhan Lin <Lin@R...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:36:45 -0600
Subject: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Stations, planets and missile pac ks)

Actually, for the planet, chop the styrofoam ball in half and line the
bottom with cardboard or manila folder.  Coat the top surfaces with
spackling paste, smooth and sand if preferred (i.e. a gas planet
wouldn't
have much vertical terrain) otherwise take advantage of the ridges to
paint
up mountains or glaciers.

Space stations can be almost any shape. Depending on your scale you can
use
1) a 20 oz soda bottle with some fins added for a B5 type station, 2) a
cluster of paper tubes with little platforms sticking out at various
levels,
3) A stack of CD's with spacers between the cd's and a round hub on each
side (to represent a multi-level residential station in the Jetson's
style)
or 4) various plastic pieces such as a funnel, a bowl, some tubing to
create
a Star Trek Space Dock.

--Binhan