Prev: [OT] Die rolling can o' worms Re: WWII DSII Next: Re: Tau Gun Drones...

Re: [OT] Die rolling can o' worms Re: WWII DSII

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:30:54 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Die rolling can o' worms Re: WWII DSII

Hi,

>As long as it's one die roll, but a problem I have with games like
40K(tm)
>is its apply modifiers and 'roll to hit, roll to wound, roll to save'.
When
>I made a complaint like this to a fan, he pointed out it takes time,
but
>simpler, to him, than looking up many tables. (Note the appropriate use
of
>'than' rather than 'then'.)

>The opposed roll, I hope, at least, lets you roll all of the above at
the
>same time, giving you a fair variety of outcomes, though there's still
the
>chit pull afterwards.

>Is it really quicker in Spearhead, or are there more steps? Does this
give
>enough range of outcomes?

Ah no, its ALL done on modifiers (for each unit type, compared with
AT/AI
factor) and one D6 roll, a 1 is always a faliure, and a modified 6 is a
kill, 4/5 a suppression, everything is abstracted to the one piece=1
platoon
scale, very simple, but that's what you want for a divisional scale game

Richard

Prev: [OT] Die rolling can o' worms Re: WWII DSII Next: Re: Tau Gun Drones...