Prev: Re: Tau Gun Drones... Next: Re: Rules questions

Re: Sinking GEV's

From: Jim Callahan <jim.callahan2@g...>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:09:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Sinking GEV's

Can you imagine the waterspout that would (at least initially) create!
 I'm not knocking the suggestion, but rather, I think it would be
magnificent to watch a GEV sidle into the water shooting plumes of steam

and waterspray hot enough to take the paint off of a '57 DeSoto

jim

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> Another possible route you might take is this:
>
> HR  In order to move across water GEV's must be designed with the
> Amphibious feature as for other land vehicles.  GEV's built as
> amphibious may travel across water as per normal rules.  GEV's built
> without the amphibious capability can for small rivers & streams, with

> the advantage that it is easier terrain for them than for wheeled and
> tracked.
>
> In this case, don't think of the "amphibious" feature as being just a
> watertight hull and a couple of PTO proprllers, rather, it is a design

> feature of the GEV which allows it's skirt & propellers to displace
> enough water pressure to keep it from sinking.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> BrCB
>
> "The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which
> psychoanalysis is of no use."
>
>				  - S. Freud
>

>> From: Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net>
>> To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>> Subject: Re: Sinking GEV's
>> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:35:21 -0400 (EDT)
>>
>> On 19-Oct-01 at 03:55, WJAL21@aol.com (WJAL21@aol.com) wrote:
>> > How about varying the amount of armour depending on
>> > whether its fast or slow GEV?
>>
>> I'm not sure what this would accomplish.
>>
>> We once had a discussion here of the fact that the tanks
>> in Hammer's Slammers couldn't cross water because they
>> would sink.	I want to HR that affect so I can use it
>> in building scenararios.  The two possible ways I can
>> see going about it are:
>>
>> Any vehicle with more than X armour sinks.  I _believe_
>> the rules say that water craft may have no more than
>> 3 armour so I used this as the breakpoint.  I haven't
>> double checked the rules so it may be 2.
>>
>> The other possibility was any vehicle that used more
>> than 80% of its' space would sink.  This would make
>> for designs only usable within our group and didn't
>> want that to occur.
>>
>> Roger

jim.callahan@verizonmail.com
http://hexagon.freeservers.com
rm -rf /* > /dev/null &

Prev: Re: Tau Gun Drones... Next: Re: Rules questions