Prev: Re: Depraved... Next: Depraved thanks

Re: Depraved...(semi-long)

From: "Z. Lakel" <zlakel@t...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:24:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Depraved...(semi-long)

I am a H.S. senior and actually have had the pleasure of introducing
some of
my [computer geek] friends to miniature gaming.  Considering that they
are
basicly all Star Trek type people (they don't watch S.T. but they're the
sort who would--if they only had time), I thought that FT would be the
ideal
rule set to which to introduce them.  To this end, I first invited one
of
them over and played a game of FT with him with a single ship per side
and
using only the basic rules but w/ fleet book designs.  Following that
and
since he enjoyed the game, I invited him and two other friends over and
we
played free for all game between the four of us using the same sort of
rules
as used in the 1st game.  The purpose of this exercise was to ensure
that
for no more than 1/2 of the players, that one particualr game was their
first.	Since then, I have gradually intriduced the other, more
advanced,
rules to them and have since suffered rather badly at the fighters of
one of
them.  Thus, I advocate the use of the basic FT rules, introducing the
more
advanced aspects as time progresses.  Oh, and the cooler the miniatures
look, the better.  I appologise for the length but do hope this was
helpful.

Sincerely,

Zachariah Lakel
Tampa, FL.

P.S. If there's anyone reading this who lives in or near Tampa, I'm
always

Prev: Re: Depraved... Next: Depraved thanks