Prev: Re: Well, I'm back..... Next: RE: [DS2] Tau Drones in DS2

Re: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:05:59 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions

Glenn wrote:
> 1) Anybody ever use multiple PDS's to defend AFV?

No. I feel 1 PDS and 1 ECM system is enough for most vehicles. I have
considered putting PDS and ZAD on the same vehicle.

> 2) Anyone ever put GMS/H and GMS/L on the same AFV?

No. I feel it would add too much complexity to logistics for the unit.

> Yes I am playing with designs for the NPC (missile happy!) and their
traditional foes...

My favourite design is VSC 2, twin GMS/H in a turret (6 + 4 capacity),
hi-mobility wheeled. It's based on LAV with twin TOW launcher turret.

A variant is the same vehicle fitted with vertically mounted GMS (firing
upwards!), hiding behind a hill and remotely steering the GMS on to the
target, which is designated by a FO 1/2 team hiding on the crest of the
hill. A similar concept to the US Navy Arsenal ship that carries cruise
missiles as armanent. Naturally, this requires a few house rules.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: Re: Well, I'm back..... Next: RE: [DS2] Tau Drones in DS2