Prev: Re: (SG2) Combined Heavy Weapons Fire Next: [DS] Doesn't make any sense

Re: [FT] really quick 'n' simple sensor rules

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:43:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] really quick 'n' simple sensor rules

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:37:17 +0100, Charles Taylor
<charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk> wrote:

>The system is designed so that sensors _could_ play some part in 'pick
>up' and tournament play, and also be useable in campaign play (but see
>'Things to do' later).

Well, my idea was "really, REALLY simple sensors", then. I had proposed
an
idea with fixed range bands for sensors. Beyond long range you put down
bogey
markers. Within the next range band, you put down the model. Next range
band
you got to see the ship status display. That sort of thing. No dice
rolling.

I don't like using firecons for sensors. They aren't sensors, they are
fire
controls. Sensors are listed in the fleet books as a separate item.
That's why
I came up with my system, as it fits in with the fleet book framework.
If
later ships were to get enhanced or superior sensors, it's easy to
retrofit
them by simply changing the range bands.

I should look to see if I can find the e-mail that I laid out my
ideas...

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: (SG2) Combined Heavy Weapons Fire Next: [DS] Doesn't make any sense