Prev: (SG2) Combined Heavy Weapons Fire Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:28:48 +0100
Subject: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

> If your
> wall sections are really thin, you might want to stick to resin, OR
use a
> reinforcing method such as glass fibre, plastic mesh (like you'd use
for a
> window screen), gauze, etc.  That will at least stop the part from
> shattering all over the place if it drops from too high up or at a
funny
> angle.

Apparently (ie I've read about it but never tried it) cotton thread
works well as reinforcement in plaster castings. Cut lengths of around
1" - 2" and mix them into the plaster before pouring.

Tony
Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: (SG2) Combined Heavy Weapons Fire Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING