Prev: RE: [FT] really quick 'n' simple sensor rules Next: RE: The Tonk "long"

RE: The Tonk "long"

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:20:23 +1100
Subject: RE: The Tonk "long"

G'day,

>6" regardless of encumberance.

So I take it they got at top speed regardless?

>Terrain effects as for Power-Armoured Infantry.

Just to ask the obvious, if they're amphibian why do they have so much
trouble with water?

>Ignore first SUPRESSION MARKER

Just to be a pain, how do you track this?

>Count as One LV better when making Confidence Tests.
>Count as One LV better when making Reaction Tests.

Is the logic behind this because they're big and thus won't be scared by
stuff? Maybe changes to the TL and mission motivation (riled vs
surprised
etc) may work better for what I think you're trying to reflect here.

>Casualties as if Power Armour.

Why? Is this because of bulk? Redundant systems?

>Close Combat:
>Treated as Power Armor for Close Combat.

I'd actually be tempted to say like PA for first round, but then as
normal
(to reflect the fact most things that are big or only fast for a short
while
and then the effects of gravity start to eat into their reserves).

>Basic Battledress (D4)
>Tonk battledress is a very basic affair.
>A sleeveless shirt of semi-rigid ballistic material
>which also traps moisture and keeps the Tonk comfortable.

I'd also be tempted to do a few scenarios where they have to get things
done
quick in a desert environment (or dry out and start dropping quality
levels).

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [FT] really quick 'n' simple sensor rules Next: RE: The Tonk "long"