Prev: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain Was Con events Re: images from space Next: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm

Roulette odds

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:12:12 +0200 (MEST)
Subject: Roulette odds

Eli Arndt schrieb:
> Hello all,

> By the way, are there any gamblers on the list who can
> answer a question about roulette?  What is the
> coloo/number combo with the highest odds?  I need to know
> this for a current gaming project and haven't been able
> to track it down.

I am not quite sure whether I understand your query correctly, nor am I
an expert on Roulette. AFAIK, you get the best odds (and the lowest
reward) by any of the binary bets: red/black, even/odd, low/high
numbers. This yields an 18/37 (or 18/38 if the roulette has two zeroes)
chance of doubling your bet, because the zero is not part of any of the
sets on which you can bet. Note that the average return is 36/37 (or
36/38), which is less than one, so the bank profits in the long term.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain Was Con events Re: images from space Next: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm