Prev: Re: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain Next: Re: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain

Re: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:35:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain

***
> As a matter of fact I am in the process of making a set of masters so
that I
> can cast lots and lots of modular starship/starbase terrain
(corridors,
> walls, etc.)	...as well as writting my own rules!
***

Well, this kind of thing HAS been done before. ;->=

Even my little Aliens game, using the LEG's board game, does capture a
nice
cramped fire fight, albeit VERY simply. By the way, once again, I'd like
declare it was not my idea; I saw it done for a Denver Genghis Con many
years ago.

I always wanted to try making some 3-D Ashanti decks, in 15mm. I even
had
dreams of putting them on cheap plastic shelves, so they could be 3-D
all
the way. Some of you may have seen Space Hulk done this way at GenCon,
though that was standard cardboard situated on five levels of lighting
grates.

Oh, I guess that's similar to what you're discussing, too...

Oh, as a side item, I think I know why usually non-gaming females can
accept the board game. If current pop psych is right, the fact that you
are
cooperating, rather than competing, makes this more in keeping with the
feminine side. Not that they don't giggle maniacally when blowing up or
toasting a bug.