Prev: RE: Field Manuals Next: Re: Vehicle cammo website/Babel Fish

Fighter Movement

From: "Iain Davidson" <iain@a...>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:22:25 +0100
Subject: Fighter Movement

I asked this question on the GZG Computer List and was recommended to
try on
this list.

I have recently started playing FT and have read all the books from FT
2nd
Edition through to FB2. Having played a few games without fighters, I am
keen to start using them as well.

I have a question on movement : during normal movement a normal fighter
can
move up to 24Mu in any direction. Does this have to be in a straight
line or
can it make turns as well; and if it can make turns are there any
restrictions on the number of turns it can make? I assume the answer
will
also cover the 12Mu secondary movement as well.

I often use a lot of "Terrain" such as asteroids etc so ships have to
manoeuvre a lot. I'm not sure from the rules what limits fighters have,
if
any. If they have to move in a straight line, I assume they will also be
destroyed if their path intercepts with a large body.

Whilst on the subject of fighters, does anyone know of fighter stands
that
hold small dice, ideally 2 dice (one for CEFs and one for the number of
fighters left in the squadron).

Many thanks,
   Iain.

Prev: RE: Field Manuals Next: Re: Vehicle cammo website/Babel Fish