Prev: Vehicle cammo website Next: RE: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted

Re: NI Colors, insignia, etc.

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 15:24:50 +0100
Subject: Re: NI Colors, insignia, etc.

Richard Kirke wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Ah another 15mm player, does anyone play 25? At all?
>
> Why are 15s so popular?

In my case it goes back to the days of Traveller / Striker, for which
the recommended scale was 15mm. I collected very large armies of TTG's
Laserburn figures (painted up like GW-wannabees - Space Marines in
bright blue armour (shudder)), scratchbuilt lots of vehicles and played
some impressively huge games around buildings kitbashed from  plasticard
and assorted model kits.

When SG2 appeared I initially bought some 25s, but as soon as the 15s
appeared I decided to switch scales so I could use my existing scenery
(don't think I'd dare get the blue painted figures out again tho').

There's one odd picture on my club's sparse, still-in-development site :

http://www.maidstone-wargamers.org.uk/ShowGames/SciFi15/SciFi15-1.jpg

Prev: Vehicle cammo website Next: RE: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted