Prev: Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?

RE: [FT] Forts (battle report using same)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:15:46 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Forts (battle report using same)

On Sunday, October 07, 2001 10:02 PM, Bif Smith
[SMTP:bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk] wrote:
> The NAC player had his fort, and a SD, CVF, 2xBB, BC, CH, and 6xDD.
The
fort
> had a mass of 3000, with 800 pts of armour, 300 hull DP`s, 30
firecons, 30
> SML`s with 5 salvos each, 10 fighter bays (std fighters), and 30 6 arc
Cl.3
> bats, plus 200 PDS. To simplify the records, we said that the dammage
would
> be applied directly to the armour first, and any extra would be
applied to
> the hull afterwards (instead of half to armour and half to hull).
Total
cost
> of the fort was 7000 pts. Also, to represent the effects of the
transit,
we
> said the defender was allowed to fire and apply dammage first, before
the
> attacker, but could only have a limited number of his units at combat
> stations (of course, he chose the fort, and 6 fighter squadrens from
the
> CVF).
That's one helluva fortress.  Although I would question having it within
weapon range of the jump point.

> fighter squadrens, which managed to kill another 4 ships. This left
133.
The
> corvettes then salvoed their full load of missiles, and targeted them
all
on
> the fort. The fort had 200 PDS, and managed to reduce the number of
missiles
> down from 399 to 285 (prety good die rolling). These remaining
missiles
> reduced the forts armour to nill, but only managed to take out a row
and a
> half of the forts hull (we rolled for every missile, and he got some
awful
> rolls, averaging out at about 3.2 DP per missile).
That is really, really bad, considering average damage is 7.0 per MT
missile
(you were using 2d6 damage per missile weren't you?) so should have done
~2000 points of damage instead of the ~912 it did.

I would personally count that battle as an ESU partial victory, as the
base
is going to spend years getting the damage repaired, which will tie more
mobile defences to the system (which have to be drawn from elsewhere).
In the same amount of time, the ESU will have replaced all their losses
at
least three-fold and can try again later (they only have to succeed
once,
after all).

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM

Prev: Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?