Prev: Re: [DS] Mixed units? Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?

Re: [DS] Mixed units?

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 09:32:09 EDT
Subject: Re: [DS] Mixed units?

IIRC, the units (except Arty and Command (?)) are supposed to be 'pure'
*but* you could arm the trucks with LAD!  Put in the Cargo spaces for a
size 2 truck (10 cap using 6 cargo) and you have "room" for an LAD
(Consider it a 'Shotgun guard" stinger team.)  I also arm my NPC
"Combat
 Supply" ammo carriers with Self Defense weapons (But they aren't
softskin trucks so that's a little different.)

Combat Supply vehicles;

Size-1
Cargo x1, second APSW

Size-2
Cargo x2, LAD (or Basic/PDS) [or GMS/L I guess!  Never done it...]

Size-3
Cargo x3, LAD and second APSW or PDS/Enhanced.	("Turret-1" possible,
say
a DFFG or MDC to fight your way out of ambushes?)

 Size-4
Cargo x5 [No weapons, depends on armor and escort)

Cargo x4, LAD and PDS/Basic, PDS/Superior.  ("Turret-1" and a second
APSW?)

Size-5
Cargo x6, Second APSW
various possibilities...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:00:20 -0400 (EDT) Roger Books
<books@jumpspace.net>
writes:
>Can you "mix" units in DS.
>
>For instance, I have a unit of light tanks escorting
>4 Supply trucks.  Can I make them one "unit" so
>the move at the same time?  If I can may the LAD
>on the tanks "cover" the trucks?
>
>I'm still thinking Hammer's Slammers here.  In one of the
>stories the tanks LAD is being used to cover the
>dug in position of local infantry.  Could this be done
>in DS without buying a dedicated air defense vehicle?
>
>Roger

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [DS] Mixed units? Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?