Prev: [FT] NIFT pages (NI, WDA, etc) back online Next: Re: [DS] Chits

Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:17:09 +0200 (MEST)
Subject: Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

Laserlight schrieb:
> > and the guerilla
> > war against the Turks in WWI (known through Lawrence of
> > Arabia) could be cited.
>
> Was there a good Arab leader involved, or was it just
> Lawrence?

Well, it's been quite a time since I read the "Seven pillars of Wisdom"
or saw the film, but the Sherif of Mecca seems to have been a pretty
wily politician if not perhaps that much of a military leader. Also
there were various Bedouin scheiks, who seem to have been quite skilled
at their style of warfare.

Greetings

Prev: [FT] NIFT pages (NI, WDA, etc) back online Next: Re: [DS] Chits