Prev: Re: Jon's Landmate Heavy Powered Suits Next: Re: FT Forts

Re: [OT] (ish) New Toy - Patriot Launcher/Tractor

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:47:11 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] (ish) New Toy - Patriot Launcher/Tractor

In a message dated 10/3/01 6:19:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
webmaster@stargrunt.com writes:

> > Toy had no name, but the line (Premier Classics
> > #78508) is TM of Ames Dept. Stores. It is a
> > "Mighty Wheels" vehicle. It cost a whole $4.99
> > USD and I'd buy another one if I could have
>
> Yeah we have a store here in Aus called "Crazy Clints" and they have
heaps
> of these things, and sometimes some other stuff including cheap
plastic kits
> of "unusual" tanks (like the French LeClerc).

There is a new line of "GI Joe" vehicles. Most are pretty useless for
Star
Grunt because the line has no consistent scale, however the M2 Bradley
will
work for a small APC/IFV. I will convert it to hover or grav with a
little
work. There is also a larger scale series that has an M113 - too large
by a
small margin to BE an M113 in 20-25mm scale, but quite nice for a Kafer
"Bug
Bus" with a little outward modification.

Prev: Re: Jon's Landmate Heavy Powered Suits Next: Re: FT Forts