Prev: Re: FT Forts Next: Re: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

RE: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:37:17 +1000
Subject: RE: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

> Do you get paid for downtime? Time dilation
> would surely wreck your life back on any planet,
> so you'd think there would be some sort of
> premium, but paying the troopie for every
> minute of their sleep makes for a high cost per
> active minute....

In a travelleresque RPG, at one point we got stuck in marine coldsleep
for 7
years (ship got blown-away around us), the backpay really screwed up
their
budget for a while.
Even at 10% pay for coldsleep, sleeping long enough makes you moderately
wealthy.  When they do thaw you out though, you have to live long enough
enjoy it.
The time dilation would need to scale with the pay.  If you spend 100
years
in coldsleep during an average tour of duty, inflation would need to be
factored into your base pay for planetfall.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM
[Dawn Patrol] World Cup 2001 - "Australia II"

Prev: Re: FT Forts Next: Re: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183