Prev: B5 [was Re: IAVRs] Next: RE: Islamic Ships

Re: B5 [was Re: IAVRs]

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:39:29 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 [was Re: IAVRs]

David Brewer wrote:
[...]
> I think I lost count of the number of episodes which were hung on
> the unexpected appearance on B5 of someone's ex-lover,

You must not count that high, then, David.  ;-)

>who turns
> out to be someone important,

And there were a couple who turned out to be not-so-important.	;-)

> Still, it wasn't all repetitive plot elements, cheap effects, bad
> acting and expositive dialogue. I enjoyed much of it, but I can't
> help thinking that the Big Epic Plot would have been almost
> incomprehensible if you hadn't seen it from season one.

I dunno. I intro'd my girlfriend to the series. We touched on a
few episodes of season 1, almost skipped season 2, and ran
full-boar season 3 through half of season 4 before she moved away.
SHe understood what was happening pretty well (and she's no SF
fan, either; really doesn't like Star Trek).

For some, yeah, they may need to see it all from day 1. Others
could skip a number of episodes without missing a beat.

Mk

Prev: B5 [was Re: IAVRs] Next: RE: Islamic Ships