Prev: Re: IAVRs Next: Re: IAVRs

Re: [Not-so-OT] Insane figure painters Re: [SG II}And speaking of Zombies

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:24:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [Not-so-OT] Insane figure painters Re: [SG II}And speaking of Zombies

> ***
> However, think twice before using 6mm female characters--painting
their
> fingernails is a real pain.
> ***
>
> 'Get out the electron microscope...'
>
> 'Oh, jeeze, what's she painting now?!?!?'
>
> 'The cloisonned unit coat of arms on the DSII's captain's stud
earrings...'

> Ok, I quit now.
>
> FYI, I used the feminine because some of Beth's work still has me
shook.
> Though, Bill Brush has some very nice Screaming Eagles patches on his
GI's.

I remember seeing an article in White Dwarf once, many long years ago,
about one of the
studio painters who had painted up an 1/300 scale "Legion of the Damned"
space marine
army.  The impressive bit was that this involved painting bones on the
arms and legs of
those little 1/300 scale plastic infantrymen.

It makes my brain hurt just thinking about it.

John Crimmins	   johncrim@voicenet.com

http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: IAVRs Next: Re: IAVRs