Prev: Re: IAVRs Next: Re: IAVRs

Re: [Not-so-OT] Insane figure painters Re: [SG II}And speaking of Zombies

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [Not-so-OT] Insane figure painters Re: [SG II}And speaking of Zombies

I found a cheap trick to use with Epic scale Orks. The eyes are pretty
deeply
recessed on them, with fairly exposed faces. I hit the eyes with a good
dab of
red. When I come back to do the green of the face, I dampbrush it on,
which
leaves the red in the eyes showing. Its not much more work than just
hitting the
face with green, and eyes on 6mm figures tends to scare people.

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, johncrim@voicenet.com wrote:

> > ***
> > However, think twice before using 6mm female characters--painting
their
> > fingernails is a real pain.
> > ***
> >
> > 'Get out the electron microscope...'
> >
> > 'Oh, jeeze, what's she painting now?!?!?'
> >
> > 'The cloisonned unit coat of arms on the DSII's captain's stud
earrings...'

> > Ok, I quit now.
> >
> > FYI, I used the feminine because some of Beth's work still has me
shook.
> > Though, Bill Brush has some very nice Screaming Eagles patches on
his GI's.

> I remember seeing an article in White Dwarf once, many long years ago,
about one of the
> studio painters who had painted up an 1/300 scale "Legion of the
Damned" space marine
> army.  The impressive bit was that this involved painting bones on the
arms and legs of
> those little 1/300 scale plastic infantrymen.
>
> It makes my brain hurt just thinking about it.
>
> John Crimmins      johncrim@voicenet.com
>
> http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

> This message was sent using Voicenet WebMail.
>	http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: IAVRs Next: Re: IAVRs