Prev: [FT]Mold probs(Was Scratchbuilding questions) Next: Re: [SG]Unit Integrity

Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based WW2 Naval

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:40:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based WW2 Naval

NeoMatrix wrote:

> Someone out there was developing these...  Any progress ?

It may have been me, or I remember whipping something off quickly for
consideration of the list and exploring how it could be improved.  I
still do not have something that I would be really proud of (a
professional writer giving helpful hints to a group of amatuer
scriptwriters emphasised that you never show your garbage to anyone
besides your editor).  Be that as it may, I have figured out a scheme
for the big guns, area anti-aircraft fire (shooting at fighters that are
not attacking you), armor, movement, antishipping attacks by aircraft,
and how larger ships need less power per knot of speed.

The things that still need work are submarines, ASW, and sonar.  Things
that had to be abandoned for playabilty are differentiating deck and
belt hits, differentiating penetrating and nonpenetrating hits, critical
hits (staying with threshold checks), and immunity zones (Due to its
importance in naval battles, I may just make a table of possible
gun/armor combos).

Once I am no longer mortally ashamed of it, I will present it to the

Prev: [FT]Mold probs(Was Scratchbuilding questions) Next: Re: [SG]Unit Integrity