Prev: Re: [SG]Unit Integrity Next: Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions

Re: Laser snipers

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:50:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Laser snipers

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:14:55 -0500, devans@uneb.edu wrote:

>I thought that was the idea; chem and/or nuclear drive for significant
>fractions of 1G, light drive for 0.00000000000... G, for STL
interstellar.
>Very low thrust, but next to no reaction mass, and very efficient over
the
>very long haul.

That's what I remember. Basically it involved pushing something like a
probe.
You didn't move it very fast, but it was constant acceleration.
Eventually it
would be moving at a pretty good clip. It also meant you didn't have to
take
your fuel with you, which made the payload even smaller.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: [SG]Unit Integrity Next: Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions