Prev: Re: [SGII] Zombies Next: Re: [SG]Unit Cohesion

Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:16:29 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions

Frits wrote in reply to DH:

>Donald Hosford wrote:
> > Escort   about 0.5 inch.
> > Cruiser  about 1 inch.
> > Capitals about 1.5 inches and up.
>Okidoki, this was what I was looking for.

Hm. Not to cast any doubt over Donald Hosford's memory <g>, but compared
the GZG models I have the above values sound *very* low. Some rough
measurements:

NSL Stroschen-class CT: TMF 14, length 22mm
NSL Waldburg-class DD: TMF 30, length 32mm
NSL Radetzky-class CE: TMF 58, length 48mm

PHC Vlath-class: TMF 11, length 14mm
PHC Dinth-class: TMF 41, length 34mm
PHC Tsaara-class: TMF 58, length 37mm
PHC Keraph-class: TMF 104, length 45mm
PHC Voth-class: TMF 250, length 88mm

There's no fixed "nominal TMF/length" ratio - which is quite natural,
since
the bigger ships are almost always wider and taller than the smaller
ones
rather than just longer. Similarly, the Phalon models are considerably
"fatter" than the NSL ones (at least over the rear hull) - eg., placed
side
by side there's no doubt that a Keraph is much bigger than a Radetzky,
even
though the Rad is longer.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Zombies Next: Re: [SG]Unit Cohesion