Prev: RE: [SGII] Zombies Next: Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions

Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 02:46:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions

Hi Frits,

In answer to your questions...

1.  I have no idea  ;-)

2.  The scale discussion and all it's permutations and convolutions
reminds
me of one of my favourite lines ever in a tv show:  "this is a
conversation
that can only end in a gunshot..."  (from Bab5 - spoken by the doctor,
no
less).

I've been planning to try my hand at scratchbuilding some FT ships (and
then moulding and casting them, if they're any good) also.  The absolute
best, IMveryHO, way of getting your size in line with FT ships is to
look
at your custom ship design, find one that is similar (roughly so in
size)
from the current GZG line (preferably one that you own already), and
make
your scratchbuilt ship about the same size...

Not very "scientific" but it will work *just fine*.

And then let us all see!

Good luck,

Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca

To win one hundred victories in one
hundred battles is not the highest
skill.	To subdue the enemy without
fighting is the highest skill.

Sun Tzu

(he wasn't a wargamer, obviously...  wouldn't that be just *boring*)

Prev: RE: [SGII] Zombies Next: Re: [FT] Scratchbuilding questions