Prev: RE: How do I paint ALIENS? Next: Re: [DS] What's the good word?

Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules?

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:20:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules?

This was always a 'back burner' project, intriguing, but not much done
with...

I'm assuming you're talking cinematic.

Natch, the fact that you have restrictions on extremes of movement,
i.e.,
too slow, you stall and drop, too fast, you tear wings off, or, more
likely, your engine can't push through the air hard enough., means you
don't get into those areas where cinematic's rules breakdown from 'real'
physics the worst.

I thought about starting with old SPI, such as Spitfire and
Foxbat/Phantom,
or the Clash of Arms games for an idea of mechanics, then reverse
engineer
to FT's simplicity.

Have you decided if you're staying in one plane(geometric) or trying to
put
altitude in? Fuel? Period?

Prev: RE: How do I paint ALIENS? Next: Re: [DS] What's the good word?