Prev: Re: Name Change? Next: Re: Re: Name Change?

Re: Name Change?

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:22:58 +1000
Subject: Re: Name Change?

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@austarmetro.com.au>
> GZG might want to change its name.
>
> "Ground Zero" now has some very new connotations.
>
> Yes, it would be unfair, costly etc. But it would prevent
> the ignorant from claiming a lack of taste.

Alan,
	we've been friends for nearly 20 years now - this will be the
first
time I've said this: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND! in my own pityable
.opinion
any such change would represent a slap in the face to any of us that try
maintain a semblance of reality while madman attack our ways of life. I
feel
that the use of Ground Zero is not in poor taste nor reflects or
represents
anything other than a name - no more, no less.
 The terrorist action in the US was the most far reaching incident in my
short life - I do not wish to let is destroy or affect my life any
further
than it has - You and I live nearly 1/2 a world away and we both were
floored by what happened, but everyone needs to keep their perspective
and
push on - (I'll avoid the winning/losing references).

Brendan

Prev: Re: Name Change? Next: Re: Re: Name Change?