Prev: Re: Name Change? Next: Re: Name Change?

Re: Name Change?

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:16:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Name Change?

Laserlight wrote:

> > GZG might want to change its name.
> >
> > "Ground Zero" now has some very new connotations.
>
> No, it doesn't.  "Ground Zero" was originally the center point of a
> nuclear explosion, remember.

The media have been referring to the rubbled areas of NYC as
"Ground Zero".

Jon T. chose the name with the full understanding of the implications.
Does that mean that citizens of Hiroshima or Nagasaki would be
offended by the name of his company?  I doubt it.  Some maybe.

In some sense,	if we respond in ways after these incidents
that reflect our fears or intimidations, then we have let the
terrorists influence our thoughts and actions in a way that
they have desired.  It is proper and fitting that we mourn and
grieve and hold memorials for the lost.  But I shake my fist in
defiance to the attackers if they think that I will change my
lifestyle and actions because of their deeds.

I say keep the name.

Prev: Re: Name Change? Next: Re: Name Change?