Prev: Re: Name Change? Next: Re: Name Change?

Re: Name Change?

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 12:11:31 EDT
Subject: Re: Name Change?

In a message dated 9/16/01 7:19:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
aebrain@austarmetro.com.au writes:

> GZG might want to change its name.
>
> "Ground Zero" now has some very new connotations.
>
> Yes, it would be unfair, costly etc. But it would prevent
> the ignorant from claiming a lack of taste.

I was 3 city blocks when the first tower fell. I was a LOT farther away
when
the second one fell. I will be damned if I ask anyone else to retreat
even
one step further. The name should stand, just so that when the ignorant
claim
bad taste we can explain that "It's not bad taste, it's Free Speech, and

refusal to give in to animals who would destroy rather than build.'
Sorry if this sounds belligerent, that tone really isn't intended. But I

think it will be a while before I'm up to using a smiley.

John Rebori
Never surrender
Never forget
Sept 11, 2001

Prev: Re: Name Change? Next: Re: Name Change?