Prev: Re: Wargames and Go strategy Next: Re: Wargames and Go strategy

FMA Odds

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:06:52 -0400
Subject: FMA Odds

Someone has probably already done this, but I thought that I would post
it
anyway.

Here are the average rolls (taking the higher of the die
rolls) for the FMA dice combinations:

By Dice Types:
Dice Average Roll
d4/d4	3.1250
d6/d4	3.9166
d6/d6	4.4722
d8/d4	4.8125
d8/d6	5.2292
d8/d8	5.8125
d10/d4	5.7500
d10/d6	6.0830
d10/d8	6.5500
d10/d10 7.1500
d12/d4	6.7083
d12/d6	6.9861
d12/d8	7.3750
d12/d10 7.8750
d12/d12 8.6861

By Average:
Dice Average Roll
d4/d4	3.1250
d6/d4	3.9166
d6/d6	4.4722
d8/d4	4.8125
d8/d6	5.2292
d10/d4	5.7500
d8/d8	5.8125
d10/d6	6.0830
d10/d8	6.5500
d12/d4	6.7083
d12/d6	6.9861
d10/d10 7.1500
d12/d8	7.3750
d12/d10 7.8750
d12/d12 8.6861

Now this does not tell the whole story in a FMA opposed roll.
While a d10 only has an average roll of 5.5 and a d8/d8
combination has an average roll of 5.8125, there are 2 results
on a d10 that will beat any combination of d8/d8. Still, the
results are interesting.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
The Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org
---

Prev: Re: Wargames and Go strategy Next: Re: Wargames and Go strategy