Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #12 - its gone rather quiet again Next: [SGII] Alien Rules

RE: [FT]Beginner Fleet

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:41:13 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT]Beginner Fleet

> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:32:31 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us>
> Subject: [FT]Beginner Fleet
>
> So, on topic.
>
> I have finally found several people interested in FT.
> I'm going to start them out each with a similar fleet.
>
> The Fleet sheet can be seen at:
>
> http://www.jumpspace.net/Wargames/FT/Beginner.gif
>
> Take a look and let me know what you think.

I don't like asymmetric ship designs, they are seriously unlikely to
convince your board of admiralty, [Unless they are Italian, and then
you get turrets forward port and starboard stern.]. Switch the Beam
2's on the smallest ships to being front 180 rather than sloped and
angle the port 2's on the larger to a port slope instead of the
starboard one.

Other wise they look fine mostly. The escorts  are a little fragile
for their payload, unless you are going to introduce the damage
control rules from the outset. The ships are a bit heavy on PDF
perhaps, especially if they are being fought against each other.

Adam
--
'Black Azrael and Ariel and Ammon on the wing, Giants and the Genii,
Multiplex of wing and eye, Whose strong obedience broke the sky, When

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #12 - its gone rather quiet again Next: [SGII] Alien Rules