Prev: RE: [OT] Alien Figures [off-list] Next: Re: [OT] Hope

FW: [OT] Alien Figures

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:20:27 -0400
Subject: FW: [OT] Alien Figures

Greetings!

Thank you for your response.

I was in the process of writing up Alien rules for DS2 when I saw the
message posted on your site. Here were my ideas:

Xenomorph (from Aliens):
Adults:
1. Move 6" (as Power Armor)
2. Xenomorphs draw 3 chits in CA (all colors valid). They may not attack
except in close assault. No test is necessary for close assault (either
attack or to stand against the attack). Xenomorphs have NO ranged combat
ability. If close assaulting from hiding, the xenomorph will get to draw
3
chits against the unit regardless as to whether the attacked unit
withdraws.
3. It takes 4 valid damage points to destroy a xenomorph squad.
4. When one is killed in CA, draw 2 chits (all colors valid) against the
squad that killed it (acid splash).
5. Attacks vehicles in CA with 2 chits (rips open hatches, breaks
windows,
etc. then enters vehicle and kills crew), all colors valid.
6. Aliens can go into hiding in ANY cover (any terrain but clear). They
have
a natural stealth and they match the heat of thier environment. While
hidden, they may not be attacked from range (except for area effect
weapons
such as artillery or SLAM), it may only be close assaulted.  At night,
they
may go into hiding in ANY terrain (Thier caprice absorbs light and they
are
the same temprature as the environment, so light amplification and
inferred
are ineffective).
7. AFPCs do not work against xenomorphs attacking from hiding (see
above).
8. Hidden movement. Xenomorphs may move while hidden. Hidden movement is
at
3". Two methods can be used for this: A) Write down the movement from
the
original marker. B) Move 2 dummy markers at the same time as the real
marker. Dummy markers must remain within 18" of each other and the real
marker.
9. Acid Splash. If an alien squad is killed within 1" of another unit
that
unit may take damage from the acid splash. Splash damage is 2 chits with
all
chits valid.
10. Terror. Xenomorphs elicit terror in close assault. When in close
assault, treat them as having soft cover (i.e. only Red and Yellow chits
are
valid).
11. Confidence/Reaction tests. Xenomorphs subtract -2 from the threat
level
for confidence and reaction tests.
12. Treat xenomorph units as vehicles for under fire markers. Unless a
unit
is killed, no under fire marker is placed.
13. Xenomorphs are immune to the effects of hostile environments (heat,
cold, humid, dry, low oxygen, high oxygen, etc.) including biochemical
attacks. They also are treated as having an environmental suit on when
encountering radiation.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com