Prev: [LST] Re: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious

Re: [OT] Hope

From: Tom Granvold <Thomas.Granvold@S...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:12:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Hope

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:00:17 -0500 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Shock, horror, anger...

   Yes and sorrow...

> Life in the US will be very ugly for some time.

   Yes.  This is an event that will have effects for a long time to
come.

> I'm reminded of the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City,
and
> the terrible things said against Arabs. I've just reminded my boss who
> spoke of 'foreigners in the US' that I'm only two generations away
from
> being one myself, and my other grandfather spoke German as well, or
maybe
> better, than English, through both WWI and WWII.

   I've already heard rumors and anti-Arab comments on the new media.
We all must not jump to conclusions and keep our anger in control.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:34:54 -0500 "Eric Henry" <ehenry@newberlin.org>
wrote:

>Isolationism is looking pretty good right now.

   A lesson to be learned from this tragedy is that isolationism
is impossible.

Take care,

Prev: [LST] Re: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious